Ask about financial assistance, give us a call 877.775.9400
Florida Solar Contractor Exam (Book Rental)
$1,495 (most affordable option)
*PLUS $1,200 REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT IF BOOKS ARE RETURNED IN SIMILAR CONDITION WITHIN 6 MONTHS FROM THE TIME THEY ARE SHIPPED.
BOOK RENTAL FOR Florida Solar Contractor
- Includes highlighted and tabbed books
- Solar Contractor trade online course
- Business and Finance online course
- 6 months of online access
This book rental package includes all the required books for the Florida Solar Contractor and the Business and Finance open book examinations already pre-tabbed and highlighted to help you quickly and easily navigate through the books during your exam.
*Please allow an additional 7-10 days on tabbed and highlighted trade book package orders.*
The complete set of highlighted and tabbed Florida State Solar Contractors trade exam books includes the following:
- Building Estimator’s Reference Book, Walker’s, 31st Ed. 2017
- Code of Federal Regulations, (OSHA) 29 Part 1926 (OSHA1926)
- National Electrical Code Handbook, 2017
- Photovoltaic System Design, (Course Manual), 1999 2nd Edition
- Solar Water & Pool Heating Manual, 2006
- Solar Construction Safety by Oregon Solar Energy Industries Association, December 2006
- brown-litmos.s3.amazonaws.com/solar-construction-safety-by-oregon-tabs-and-highlights.pdf, 2014, 3rd Edition
- The N.R.C.A. Roofing Manual: Membrane Roof System, 2015
- The N.R.C.A. Roofing Manual: Metal Panel and SPF Roof Systems, 2020
- The N.R.C.A. Roofing Manual: Steep-slope Roof Systems, 2017
- Florida Building Code - Plumbing, 2020
- Florida Building Code - Residential, 2020
- A201 General Conditions of the Contract for Construction, 2017
- A401 Standard Form of Agreement between Contractor-Subcontractor, 2017
- A701 Instructions to Bidders, 2018
- Builders Guide to Accounting, Michael C. Thomsett, Copyright 2001 (9781572181052)
- Contractors Manual, 2017
- Florida Statutes Chapter 455 (Current Edition)
Requirements: To be a Florida Certified Solar Contractor, you must be able to pass the trade exam and business and finance exam, provide a proven record of financial stability, and present evidence of your experience for the category in which you wish to be licensed. Applicants are required to have four years of experience or a combination of college and experience. Experience gained in the military may also be used toward the requirements of licensure*.
A “Solar Contractor” means a contractor whose services consist of the installation, alteration, repair, maintenance, relocation, or replacement of solar panels for potable solar water heating systems, swimming pool solar heating systems, and photovoltaic systems and any appurtenances, apparatus, or equipment used in connection therewith, whether public, private, or otherwise, regardless of use. A contractor, certified or registered pursuant to this chapter, is not required to become a certified or registered solar contractor or to contract with a solar contractor in order to provide services enumerated in this paragraph that are within the scope of the services such contractors may render under this part.
*For more information regarding licensing requirements, please contact a licensing consultant at 954-210-3030.